top of page
Procurement Head- (Casing)
Experience and location
Experience- 8-15 yrs
Navi Mumbai, HO
- Source and select vendors for the purchase of parts at the most effective price, ensuring the meeting of quality standards and delivery requirements.
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships.
- Oversees, reviews and reports supply chain metrics, corrective action status, audit results and action item status on a regular basis.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Examine and test existing contracts.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related field OR equivalent experience;Ten years of global purchasing/sourcing experience;
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Proven ability to identify, qualify, and partner with capable suppliers in various different casings;
- Demonstrated ability to lead initiatives to develop and implement process improvements;
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex international supply chains and cultural awareness;
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience working in ERP;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Negotitation skills
bottom of page